In January of this year, Covid-19’s second wave was getting going. The vaccine program was just starting. And recently retired doctors wanted to return to work in order to help out. Famously, the reaction of the bureaucrats at the Department of health was to provide applicants with a tidal wave of online modules to complete. The Times reported one doctor complaining that she was only a quarter of the way through after six hours of form-filling.
Most Popular on Site
- A Few Good Men – but this one?
- A Frog in My Throat?
- Harry’s Bottom and the Right to Privacy
- A horse. A zebra. Or maybe it’s a fish?
- Court takes a liberty with our freedom
- A rule that Mae be broken
- You mean we’re NOT supposed to avoid tax?
- Neil and Adel: A love that cannot speak the name
- When did you stop ****ing your wife?
- A conversation with my doctor